A Brief History of Titan Energy Park
The storied history of this property began in 1915 as Alpha Metal Company. Operating near McCoy’s Dam in Bellefonte, Alpha primarily produced large diameter brass rods. Reorganized in 1917 as Titan Metal Company, the operation moved to the present site on Axemann Road in Spring Township. In 1925, reorganization occurred once more, resulting in Titan Manufacturing Company.
Changes in ownership began in 1946. In 1959, Titan Manufacturing Company changed its corporate name to Cerro de Pasco. Changes continued, as new mergers, acquisitions, and name changes (including Cerro Corporation and Cerro Metal Products) occurred in the following years.
In 1976, Cerro was purchased by The Marmon Group of Chicago, IL. In 2007, assets were sold to the British firm of Bolton MKM, and the operation became Bolton Metal Products Company. Bolton closed the rod and wire manufacturing and announced the sale of the business and equipment in February 2008. Bolton maintained the small low melting alloy production until it was sold in March 2011, effectively shutting down all manufacturing at the site.
On February 2, 2012, Bolton sold the assets to Navitus, LLC, an investment group composed of local companies Shaner Capital, LP, and G. M. McCrossin, Inc. The site is now doing business as Titan Energy Park.
Effective January 1, 2014, the Titan Energy Park site was designated a Keystone Opportunity Expansion Zone (KOEZ) by the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development. The KOEZ program provides certain tax benefits to businesses which locate in the KOEZ.